Your radiation level goes from 0% to 100%. As higher the radiation gets as more side effects you will get like: loose stamina, internal bleedings, max health, more vnuerable to negative buffs, making sounds, blurry screen, radiation screen effect and more. A full Hazmat suit can protect you, but there is no 100% protection!
- Map boarder: Radiation is very high here protection not possible.
- Wasteland: High radiation, but can be lowered with various things (more about this below).
¶ Dangers of the Wasteland
- Just being inside this area gives you some radiation
- Avoid being outside and seek shelter
- Avoid getting wet, stay dry
- Avoid lifting too much dust by jumping, looting, destroying blocks or being in combat for example
- Avoid getting hurt as damage inflicts and injuries expose you to radiation
Each hazmat body part protects you a bit against radiation, a full set gives a protection (bonus), but ther eis no 100% protection.
- Mask: Lets you filter radioactive dust for them air you breathe.
- Chest: Protects you against radiation from damage hits
- Legs: Protection against radioactive water
- Gloves: Protects you from lifting too much dust when looting
- Boots: Protects you from lifting too much dust when jumping/landing
- Rad-X: Reduces radiation your body absorbs over time.
- RadAway: Removes some radiation from your body.